Job Title: Public Works - Seasonal
Salary range: $13.50/hour to start
Location: Upper Darby, PA
Department: Public Works
JOIN THE UPPER DARBY TEAM AS A SEASONAL LABORER
Under direction of the Supervisor, the Laborer would assist the Sanitation department by gathering residential and municipal trash containers from locations and dump into the trash truck; gather separated recycling materials and dispose in the trash truck; and assists in unloading the truck and cleaning efforts of the truck. This role must also be willing to assist the Parks department in gathering refuse from areas parks and playgrounds; participates and assists in grass cutting; plants trees, shrubs, and other special projects, as needed. This role performs variety of tasks and works directly with either the Parks and/or Sanitation departments, depending on the demand. This role works in coordination with others to work under pressure and carry out job functions in a timely and effective manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Closely follows directions to operate machinery or supply materials.
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Carries out job functions without posing a direct threat to the health and/or safety of self or others.
- Exercise sound judgment when evaluating situations, when offering positive suggestions, and when making decisions.
- Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality standards.
- Maintains quality and quantity of work standards.
- Understands and complies with all safety, personnel, and other policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Strongly prefer 18 and older; limited positions available for 16 and 17 year olds.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, understands, and follows directions.
- Ability to work in a variety of roles and perform various tasks, as required.
- To perform the essential functions of this role, the candidate must be able to withstand prolonged periods of standing and walking, and must be able to lift up to 40 pounds, continuously. Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and tolerate exposure to typical noises and smells associated with the role of Laborer in both Parks and Sanitation departments.
- Must be available 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Must be available to start Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
Print an application, stop by 100 Garrett Road; Upper Darby, PA 19082 to apply in person, or, for fastest response: