The Finance Department is responsible for the administration of activities pertaining to the receipt, expenditure, accounting, investment, custody and control of Township funds. It is also responsible for the preparation of the annual Budget, issuing monthly budget variance reports and other financial information.
The Department maintains Township records in conformance with fund accounting principles and with generally accepted principles of governmental accounting. Finance is designated to be the tax collector and collect all taxes levied by the Township, including Real Estate, Mercantile, Business Privilege, and Local Service taxes as well as Sewer and Rubbish fees. It administers the purchasing system which is responsible for the procurement of all goods and services for all Township departments.
The responsibilities of the Director are:
- Deposit monies in banks authorized by the Township.
- Provide for the prudent investment of all monies.
- Disburse all payments for authorized expenditures.
- Act as the Tax Collector and collect all taxes levied by the Township.
- Processing employee payroll and remitting related withholding taxes.
- Maintain a uniform accounting system in accordance with generally accepted principles of governmental accounting.
- Prepare the annual budget, issuing monthly budget variance reports and other financial information.
- Maintain the fixed asset inventory system.
- Administer the purchasing system which procures all goods and services for the Township.
The responsibilities of the Tax Office are:
Collection of Real Estate taxes.
Collection of Sewer and Rubbish fees.
Collection of Mercantile, Business Privilege, and Local Service taxes.
Take charge of all Township monies from all sources and deposit in a Township bank.
Preparation of all Township tax bills for mailing to businesses and property owners.
Issuing of Tax Certifications for properties in the Township.
Maintain the property tax file for all property owners.
Assist property owners with info on their properties.
Preparation of daily receipts for all Township revenue.