The only information that is required is your first and last name (so we know who the information is for when you come to pick it up) your email address (so we may contact you), the request itself and how you'd like the information (inspect the records and/or get copies). The other information is requested, should we need to contact you in the event of an extension or if another issue may arise, but is not required information.
You can submit by:
- Mail to: Upper Darby Township, 100 Garrett Road – Room 206, Upper Darby, PA 19082-3135. Mailed requests must be enclosed in an envelope and labeled: Right to Know Request. Attention: Chief Administrative Officer.
- Fax to 610-734-7709, please label the cover letter: Right to Know Request. Attention: Chief Administrative Officer.
- Coming In Person directly to the CAO Office at 100 Garrett Road – Room 206.
Yes. You will be charged the fee of the actual postage.
The primary place we would recommend is the Pennsylvannia Office of Open Records website.
- A copy of the RTK request
- A copy of the Agency’s response (or a written statement that the request was deemed denied meaning the Agency didn’t respond at all).
- State the grounds they assert this is a public record
- Address any ground stated by the agency
You must provide this within 15 business days from the date that the Agency [Upper Darby Township] mailed to you a denial letter or the date that the request was “deemed denied.” When an agency does not respond to you in writing with five business days of your written RTK request that request is “deemed denied.” If an agency did not respond, please indicate this in writing.
You must provide the required information no later than the 15th business day or your appeal will be untimely under the law and therefore cannot be processed. If that time frame has expired, or will expire, before you provide to us the required information, you will have to file another RTK request with the Agency.
When we receive your completed file, we will assign a docket number, send you a an acknowledgment letter and assign an Appeals Officer to process your appeal.
Appeals should be sent to the Office of Open Records, Commonwealth Keystone Building, 400 North St., 4th Floor, Harrisburg, PA 17120-0225. They may also be submitted via facsimile to 717-425-5343 or via email.