James Maloney has been serving the township for twenty-six (26) years. More than half of his life has been dedicated to the township. He became a state certified health officer in 1988, and then was appointed the Director of Public Health in July of 2004.
Since 2006, he has been an active member of the “Weed-n-Seed” Program and is a mentor with the DEFY (Drug Education For Youth) program. In 2007, he became a member of the Delaware County Flu Task Force
His duties include but not limited to:
- Provide environmental health programs including food, housing, plumbing, and water control;
- Provide health education programs
- Enforce all laws, ordinances, and resolutions pertaining to the public health;
- Ensure the abatement of all nuisances detrimental to the public health;
- Enforce the rules and regulations relating to the reporting and examination of cases in which a dog or other animal bites a human;
- Seize and arrange for the detention of dogs running at large upon public property within the Township;
- Cooperate with other public or private agencies working in the field of public health to assure that all necessary measures, utilizing all available resources, are being taken to safeguard the public health.